How do you use rewrite in a sentence?
Rewrite sentence example
- “I don’t want to know what you did to rewrite the mating laws,” Wynn said.
- What kind of deal did she make with Darkyn to rewrite the mating laws of the time-before-time?
- It is founded on a MS.
- We can rewrite history as much as we like.
How do you rewrite a sentence without changing the meaning?
How to rewrite a sentence without changing its meaning
- Use stronger synonyms. The easiest way to rewrite a sentence is to reword it.
- Remove unnecessary words. “Wide variety of” is an example of a unnecessary phrase that could be simplified.
- Change passive voice to active.
- Split up long sentences.
- Use a paraphrasing tool.
What is rewriting sentence?
1 : a piece of writing (such as a news story) constructed by rewriting. 2 : an act or instance of rewriting. Other Words from rewrite Example Sentences Learn More about rewrite.
How do you write a rewrite?
10 Tips for Rewriting Your Manuscript
- Take time away.
- Break your work and put it back together.
- Pretend to be someone else.
- Get feedback from an editor or writing partner.
- Spend a limited amount of time working on problem areas.
- Look for passages that need rephrasing.
- Try color-coding.
- Ask lots of questions.
What are the four Rewriting Techniques?
Four rewriting techniques are delete dead words, move around information, enhance the tone, add any missing detail for clairity.
What are the 5 prewriting strategies?
We often call these prewriting strategies “brainstorming techniques.” Five useful strategies are listing, clustering, freewriting, looping, and asking the six journalists’ questions. These strategies help you with both your invention and organization of ideas, and can aid you in developing topics for your writing.
What does writing is rewriting mean?
You might have heard this saying: writing is rewriting. It means that, no matter what you write, the magic is always in the second draft. Or the third, or fourth. To a lot of people, that sounds boring. The entire self-publishing industry has been built on people unleashing their first drafts onto the world.
Is it rewriting or re writing?
verb (used with object), re·wrote, re·writ·ten, re·writ·ing. to write in a different form or manner; revise: to rewrite the entire book. to write again.
What is the most important part of the writing phase?
Explanation: prewriting, drafting, revising, and editing. Prewriting is the most important of these steps. Prewriting is the “generating ideas” part of the writing process when the student works to determine the topic and the position or point-of-view for a target audience.
Who said writing is rewriting?
Who in their right mind writes a piece straight off, and that’s it – done? No-one, that’s who. That’s because revising / editing / refining what you’ve done – however you want to describe it – is at the very heart of it all. Ernest Hemingway once said “the only kind of writing is rewriting.”
Why do writers rewrite?
Among writers, this common saying represents the idea that ReWriting is the greater part of writing. Our first draft of a text is rarely very clean. We often mash many ideas together in confusing lumps. ReWriting helps us to untangle these ideas; and to clearly see the points we are trying to make.
What is the meaning of a good writer is wasteful?
” A good writer is wasteful” ” he saws and shapes and cuts away, discarding wood ends, shavings, saw dust, bent nails – whatever doesn’t fit and doesn’t work. the writer cannot build a good strong piece of writing unless he has gathered an abundance of fine raw materials.
How do you revise a short story?
Here are seventeen tips for how to edit your story for both structure and grammar:
- Write your story.
- Print out your story.
- Read your story out loud.
- Revise for plot.
- Write in the margin what each paragraph does.
- Take out the boring parts.
- Second Draft Math Equation by Stephen King.
- Revise for Clarity.
How long does it take to revise a short story?
It depends on the length of the story and their writing/publishing process. For short stories, I like to step away for a couple of weeks. That’s how long it takes the shiny, new feeling to wear off for me. For novels, I wait about three months before editing.
What is an example of revising?
To revise is to reconsider or change something. When you change your opinion on something, this is an example of a situation where you revise your opinion. When you make changes to a short story you wrote, this is an example of a situation where you revise your story. I have revised my opinion of him.
What should you do when you revise a story?
Revising a short story means to improve your story, refining your story, correct weaknesses in your story. For instance, you might change words, condense sentences, delete repetition. I suggest that you write your story by first using a macro approach, followed by a micro approach.
How do I fix my first draft?
How to Edit the First Draft of Your Novel
- Let It Sit. Gaining perspective on your novel requires that you wait a little while before jumping into revisions.
- Find Your Novel’s Purpose.
- Read It Through.
- List Your Problems.
- Find Solutions.
- Start Your Second Draft.
- Seek Feedback.
How long does it take to revise a novel?
I can do a complete revision of a 125,000 novel in one to two weeks. It might take you less time than that, or more — but if you’re spending more than two or three months on this, consider the possibility that you might be malingering because you’ve developed a sudden case of cold feet about mailing the thing.
How do you revise a novel quickly?
Take it out, give it a read-through, then plan a schedule for your revision. Plan to revise one chapter every day. If your book has 50 chapters or 60 chapters, aim to revise two chapters a day. However long your book may be, you can absolutely revise your latest draft in 30 days or less.
How do you keep a novel interesting?
17 Ways To Make Your Novel More Memorable
- Your protagonist drives the story.
- Structure your book as a roller-coaster ride.
- Tell the story in a linear way.
- Write from your heart.
- Start your novel at the end of the backstory you’ve created.
- Include only the most important parts of the story.
- Always remember the end.
How do you revise a novel for a test?
How to revise for English Literature: a 7-step guide for GCSE and A-Level
- Remind yourself what you will marked on.
- Refresh your memory with study guides.
- Organise your notes.
- Re-read the texts.
- Discuss your ideas.
- Practice past papers.
- Review your notes.
What are the elements to be kept in mind while rewriting a novel?
Essential Elements of Story Writing
- Plot of a Story. Every story needs a beginning, middle, and end.
- Character. Complex and relatable characters are important to a good story.
- Setting of a Story.
- Conflict in Story Writing.
- Point of View.
- Getting Started With Story Writing.
What are the 5 elements of narrative writing?
A story has five basic but important elements. These five components are: the characters, the setting, the plot, the conflict, and the resolution.
What are the 5 essential elements of a story?
They are true masters at combining the five key elements that go into every great short story: character, setting, conflict, plot and theme.